Marimekko is an awesome textile line that has been around since the 50s. They have very cool textiles: colorful, modern, floral, striped, geometric, etc. that are used in interiors and in fashion. They are wonderful for drapery, accent pillows, bedding, etc., but are quite expensive. Recently, Ikea has started selling textiles with a Marimekko flair. They are around $7/yd, and can be used for these applications. They can also be used as art: wrap around a wooden frame and hang on the wall. Here are a few I like.Fredrika Line | Fialina Line | Hjordis Line | Gunvor | Inger
- envisioning furniture in a room
- designer lighting for less - FLOS
- bedroom psychology
- considering the weight of chairs
- design term - "circulation"
- $20 coffee table
- how to paint with a bold, bright color
- mixing bowls
- a great warm neutral paint color
- do you enjoy knives?
- paint - dark brown
- coffee table
- paint - how to do it
- paint basics
- Wendy + Howie's dining table
- the importance of paint
- front door in your living room?
- stacked books
- mid-century modern reproductions - Eames
- low bedroom dresser
- versatile table for extra guests
- ▼ Feb 2010 (25)