The easiest way to make the biggest impact on a room is by painting it. A lot of my friends never get around to painting their homes. They live in an apartment and don't see the point (maybe they'll move in a year anyway). Or they don't know how to - (instructions to come later). Or maybe they don't know what color to choose. Painting is one of the most important, and really first steps you should take in a home, no matter how long you think you might be there. Painting adds warmth, character, and differentiates space. It only takes a weekend to do and it instantly shifts the space from looking like a cold rental to a real home.
- envisioning furniture in a room
- designer lighting for less - FLOS
- bedroom psychology
- considering the weight of chairs
- design term - "circulation"
- $20 coffee table
- how to paint with a bold, bright color
- mixing bowls
- a great warm neutral paint color
- do you enjoy knives?
- paint - dark brown
- coffee table
- paint - how to do it
- paint basics
- Wendy + Howie's dining table
- the importance of paint
- front door in your living room?
- stacked books
- mid-century modern reproductions - Eames
- low bedroom dresser
- versatile table for extra guests
- ▼ Feb 2010 (25)